Forever Human

My latest collection of paintings ("Forever Human")is all about what I have been thru and overcome. It's some heavy stuff but I really feel the light when I look at the paintings. I feel proud and empowered. We all have different experience in life but I do hope, whatever you see in my paintings, that you can feel the strength and power in them.




"Stolen bath"
60x80 cm. Acrulic on canvas.




The name "Stolen bath".


I want to tell you something about me and this painting.
When I was in my twenties I lived in a really abusive relationship. He was the man of my dreams until I moved in to his apartment. Then he became my nightmare. He hit me, kicked me, strangle me and sexually abused me. The first time he hit me was in the bathroom. He slapped me hard in the face.
Many years later, when I had managed to get out of that relationship, I started to have anxiety and panic attacks every time I tried to take a bath. I couldn't understand why. I stopped taking baths.
Luckely with a lot of hard work I understood why I felt like I did and now I'm ok.
"Stolen bath"

Comments

Popular Posts